Psychoderelict
k***@gmail.com
2012-10-13 04:42:02 UTC
Tonight I was watching Pete Townshend-Psychoderelict Live in New York Dvd (Orig. titled Pete Townshend Live)
I still remember when the album came out in 1993. It's a shame it wasn't a bigger hit. The music is just mind-blowing and watching this video you can really see that. I highly recommend purchasing it...it's also filled with many Who and Solo music too.
Kyle
2012-10-22 14:55:30 UTC
Psych was indeed a good album (though the actors' dialogue got old fast), and that was a good show. "The Kids Are Alright" and "Fake It" were highlights.
k***@gmail.com
2012-10-23 00:43:08 UTC
You can always buy the Psychoderelict (Music Only) cd copy too
Bob Campbell
2012-12-27 05:58:09 UTC
Post by k***@gmail.com
Tonight I was watching Pete Townshend-Psychoderelict Live in New York Dvd
(Orig. titled Pete Townshend Live)
I still remember when the album came out in 1993. It's a shame it wasn't a
bigger hit. The music is just mind-blowing and watching this video you can
really see that. I highly recommend purchasing it...it's also filled with
many Who and Solo music too.
I actually recorded that show live, as it was broadcast. It was a cable
pay per view thing. I have VHS video and reel to reel audio. I only
recently bought the "official" CD and DVD releases, after listening to
my bootleg copy for about 18 years. The introductory comments have been
very heavily edited on the "official" releases. Also there are several
sections of actor's dialog that was lost due to bad mikes in the live
show. These have been overdubbed on the official releases.

Also there are a few songs left off the official releases, and the
official releases have an "encore" that was not broadcast.

This has always been my favorite version of Psychoderelict. The band
was in extremely good form, and Pete was in good voice that night.

I agree it is a vastly underrated work. I recently converted the VHS
video to DVD, and long ago converted the reel to reel audio to CD and to
MP3 files.

Bob
Ted M
2012-12-27 18:52:17 UTC

I videotaped the pay-per-view with a timer because I was actually at this show in Brooklyn. It is probably my favorite concert of all time. I was in the front row on the right side of the stage for the entire show. I can see myself on the video, but I won't look anymore becuase it's depressing to the 44-year-old Ted to see the young 25-year-old Ted with so many years ahead of him! It's a Back to the Future moment, but I digress....

At the end of the encore, Pete came over and kissed this young doll-faced girl standing next to me. Afterwards, the girl kept looking at me, saying "Oh my God....oh my God!" She said she would never wash her cheek again, but let's hope she has. It was a most excellent evening indeed. I specifically remember a great "Let's See Action" embedded inside "Won't Get Fooled Again". Those were the days,