The Who steal the show once again
Ted M
2012-12-13 04:44:38 UTC
Nice setlist. As always, NYC is still Whoville.

Kyle
2012-12-13 18:29:01 UTC
I was afraid they'd be on for a mere two songs, like the Stones. But no, The Who performed a very good, generous set. Pete and Roger are aging a hell of a lot better than some of their British Invaders.
Kyle
2012-12-13 18:39:54 UTC
Nice setlist.  As always, NYC is still Whoville.
It wasn't as decisive a show-stealer as some of their previous ones,
but it was good. And after the Stones' dinky two songs, I was
delighted with the generosity of the Who's set. It was great to hear
a few of the Quad songs in this context.

Palladino seemed more warmed up to his role as Who bassist than he's
often been in the past.
Ted M
2012-12-14 00:38:46 UTC
Post by Kyle
Nice setlist.  As always, NYC is still Whoville.
It wasn't as decisive a show-stealer as some of their previous ones,
but it was good.  And after the Stones' dinky two songs, I was
delighted with the generosity of the Who's set.  It was great to hear
a few of the Quad songs in this context.
Palladino seemed more warmed up to his role as Who bassist than he's
often been in the past.
True. Oddly Who Are You and Baba were the less impressive songs for
me. Love, Reign O'er Me and See Me Feel Me were the better songs.
BellBoy was a nice touch and I still love Tea & Theatre, even though
most viewers were probably turning the channel at that point. Adding
Bell Boy and LROM offered a little sample of the current tour so those
watching could consider picking up some tickets for the 2013 leg.
Pete & Rog, still company men regardless of the event!